Awnings are simple, inexpensive outdoor signs that lend a timeless sophistication to any establishment.
They serve both decorative and functional purposes, making them a popular choice for businesses that serve customers outside their building. Storefront awnings are fully customizable, with the capacity to feature unique designs and lettering.
What is the price of storefront awnings?
If you’re interested in equipping your building with a storefront awning, get in touch with us.
We’ll provide you with a quote based on the size and style of the awning you’re looking for.
What is a commercial awning?
A commercial awning is a storefront canopy that extends over a doorway or storefront. Most commercial awnings are made from vinyl or sunbrella fabric. Painted sunbrella fabric is being used more often now for a more modern look, however, vinyl is more durable and more easily cleaned in dirty environments.
Commercial awnings can serve multiple purposes. For example, they can be branded with text or images to showcase a business name or logo. They can also be used to provide shade to patrons at a restaurant or keep outdoor wares protected from the rain.
Some commercial awnings are immobile, while others can be retracted, either manually or automatically. When used as the primary outdoor sign of a business, an awning is usually stationary.
Types of storefront awnings
Awnings come in numerous different styles and can be made from a variety of different materials. The most popular type of awning is the slope style, which is laid straight and features a solid facer (valance) in black Sunbrella fabric, with painted graphics.
But there are several other types of awnings that are widely used to bolster the design and utility of storefronts in Ontario.
Traditional (classic slopestyle) awnings
This classic business awning beautifies doors, windows and storefronts. Traditional awnings are perfect for coffee shops and ice cream parlours because customers can have their treats while enjoying protection from the rain and sun.
Businesses that see a lot of taxi traffic also prefer this type of awning because patrons are sheltered from the elements while they await pickup. Examples of traditional business awnings are pictured below.
Also known as waterfall awnings, this type of commercial awning has a rounded top. It is available with or without side curtains and has a frame that’s typically welded tubular steel or aluminum.
Promenade awnings can be further customized with elements like painted frames, a rigid or loose valance, egg-crate ceilings, backlighting, rounded ends and graphics. Whatever the look you’re searching for, a promenade awning can be crafted to fit your vision.
Take a look at an example of a promenade awning About Signs has created.
Esquire dome awnings
Esquire dome awnings provide a statement of elegance and class. Though not ideal for every type of business, these commercial awnings are especially popular among niche industries, like spas, small boutique shops, microbreweries, restaurants and funeral parlours.
Esquire dome awnings can be customized to feature a rigid or loose valance, and have a bottom ridge that is frilled.
Here’s an example of an esquire dome awning About Signs has created.
Illuminated business awnings
Each of the previously mentioned awnings can be illuminated. In some cases, lights can be installed within the awning itself, but it’s more common for gooseneck lights to brighten the awning from above.
Awnings look especially charming when lit in late evening, and provide the added benefit of enabling people to see the logo or business name printed on the awning after the sun has gone down.
The benefits of a custom commercial awning
A commercial awning can serve as a custom storefront sign while also providing functional utility. As previously alluded to, awnings are a source of shelter for employees, customers and products on hot or rainy days.
This means awnings don’t just entice people to notice your business; they can also improve the experiences people have while on your property.
Who uses storefront canopies?
Awnings are great for businesses that serve customers outside. This may include restaurants, bars, cafes and fast-food joints, as well as shops that display inventory outside. But awnings are not used by these types of businesses exclusively.
Sometimes, an awning can just be used to add a measure of elegance to an establishment, regardless of what that establishment happens to be.
Where does About Signs provide awnings?
About Signs designs and installs commercial awnings for businesses in Toronto, Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, Brampton, Georgetown, Halton Hills, Markham, Scarborough, Caledon, Erin, Ajax, Oshawa, Hamilton, Grimsby, Vaughan, Cambridge, Brantford, Guelph, Newmarket, Stouffville, Aurora, Orangeville, Kitchener and Niagara Falls.
Finding the Best Awning for Commercial Buildings Near Me
With more than two decades of experience in commercial signage solutions, our team is uniquely equipped to help you market and improve the look and feel of your business.
If you’re looking for an awning for commercial buildings near me, we are the company to call.
We offer awnings in traditional vinyl and woven materials like Sunbrella.
Our expert design team can fully customize any commercial awnings material to match your colour theme. We can also include UV stable and weather-resistant logos and text to promote your business. We can offer lighting for awnings, to keep your brand visible into the evening.
Awnings add character to your business while also creating a viable surface for branding. About Signs Limited is your answer when asking where can I get the best awning for commercial buildings near me?
The Unique Benefits of Sunbrella Fabric for Commercial Awnings
Sunbrella fabric has become increasingly popular for commercial awnings in Canada. This innovative fabric offers several unique advantages that make it an alternative to traditional vinyl awning material.
You can get an obligation-free estimate for Sunbrella commercial awnings from About Signs Limited. We fully customize every awning to reflect the brand image of your business.
If you’re looking for the best awning for commercial buildings near me, Sunbrella is an option that you must consider. Its key benefits include:
- Fibres that are coloured to the core. Every piece of Sunbrella fabric incorporates individual fibres that are colour pigmented throughout. This results in longer-lasting commercial awnings that are resistant to fading. Combined with UV stable graphics and text, you can enjoy a long return on your commercial awnings investment.
- Better UV protection. In addition to being colour-stable in harsh UV light, Sunbrella commercial awnings also prevent UV penetration to keep your business cool. Products underneath the awning shade will be protected from sunlight. Windows beyond your awnings will receive less UV exposure, helping to keep interiors more comfortable.
- Sunbrella fibres resist mould and other debris, allowing for easy cleaning and bright and vibrant looks that last for many years. The material is easy to clean, helping to reduce your upkeep and business expenses.
What Are the Elements of Awning Signs?
Although it’s the material and branding that first come to mind when considering awning signs, several elements go into design and production to ensure you get the best solution for your needs.
As a fully integrated awning signs company, we design, manufacture, and install commercial awnings for any business. Our oversight of the entire process results in longer-lasting awnings that are free of defects.
We are available today for your estimate on the best awning for commercial buildings near me.
The most important elements of awnings signs are:
- The awning signs frame. This outlines the shape and provides structural rigidity for awning signs. We offer both permanent and retractable awning frames depending on your needs. Permanent signs are ideal for storefronts while retractable awnings are popular for restaurants, cafés, and other businesses that don’t need an awning extended 24/7.
- The awning material. Vinyl and woven awning materials are available to order today, and both are fully customizable.
- The awning signs graphics and text. We can print full-colour graphics like logos and mascots onto your commercial awnings. Lettering is fully customizable with the font and colouring that you need. Specialist awning signs printing can be used to include multi-coloured lettering or even reflective lettering. If you can imagine it, chances are we can put it on an awning.
Create Signage Solutions In Oakville, GTA And Cities Across Ontario!
- Custom Decals, Hamilton, ON
- Custom Decals, Mississauga, ON
- Custom Decals, Oakville, ON
- Custom Decals, Toronto, ON
- Custom Labels, Toronto, ON
- Custom Stickers, Hamilton, ON
- Custom Stickers, Milton, ON
- Custom Stickers, Mississauga, ON
- Custom Stickers, Oakville, ON
- Custom Stickers, Toronto, ON
- Custom Window Stickers, Toronto, ON
- Digital Printing Near Me, ON
- Digital Printing, Toronto, ON
- Frosted Window Signage, Toronto, ON
- Signs and Custom Decals, Toronto, ON
- Truck Decals Near Me, ON
- Truck Signs, Toronto, ON
- Truck Wraps, Toronto, ON
- Vehicle Wrap Near Me, ON
- Vehicle Wrap, Burlington, ON
- Vehicle Wrap, Mississauga, ON
- Vehicle Wrap, Toronto, ON
- Wall Decals, Toronto, ON
- Wide Format Printing, Toronto, ON
- Window Film In Oakville, ON
- Window Film Oakville, ON
- Window Film, Mississauga, ON
- Window Film, Toronto, ON
- Window Stickers, Toronto, ON